I am Simon, I am English and I live between Roma and Amalfi in Italy. I have lived in Italy since 1990 and I speak reasonable Italian and French, plus some English!!
I love travelling and exploring, I have worked in Export Sales for more than 30 years which has taken me all over the world, and I like nothing better than travelling around Italy and Europe by car, van or motorbike alone or with friends.
I know Italy fairly well and I love to help others to discover the beauty of Italy and to avoid the many pitfalls. Many visitors love Italy but do not really know how to avoid the difficult bits, as the language and the mentality is very different from the American and North European “norms”.
I also have a small fleet of vehicles that I can rent out to the right people or can use to transport you around. You fly into Roma and wanna get to the Amalfi Coast?? I can take you. You need to transport you and/or your luggage around between hotels? Call me. You wanna try a motorcycle experience?? I can supply a touring bike with a satnav in English all ready to go. You wanna visit the Ducati or Ferrari factory?? No problem. You need a route for a 3 day visit to Sicily or Sardinia? I can supply it.
Here follow some blogs to give you a taste of the Italian experience. Thanks!!
Ok so here is the master plan for the hotel so far:
- I have asked her indoors if I can book the whole hotel PLUS the 3 apartments for the whole week, and (so far so good) she said yes. Poor woman. This event is by personal invitation only and is NOT open to the general public BUT we do plan to run similar events in the future.
- I therefore have 15 rooms in the hotel to host my “guests”, plus the 3 apartments if required.
- My idea is to offer the lucky chosen few an “all-in package price” for the week to include almost everything, B&B plus some happy hours and even some meals too.
- I am looking to organise a wide range of activities, events and visits for the week and everyone will be able to select say 3 activities. Additional events (if we can arrange them) will be charged but more or less at cost.
- I will rent a minibus for the week so that we can provide all local transport free. I suggest that you try to come either by motorbike (free safe parking under the hotel) or by public transport, cos a car will cost you about 30 Euro per dayfor parking!!! From Roma the best way is train to Salerno (2 hours door to door) and then either bus, ferry or minibus to Amalfi centre. The hotel is then only a 10 minute stroll.
- I need to plan carefully so I need your yes or no asap please and I will then ask you for a non-refundable deposit for every room, to ensure that you will really come.
- We will organise trips to Pompei, Caserta, Thermal Baths and Underground Naples for sure. Other activities will be organised depending on the weather we have that week, for instance a boat trip and motorcycle testing. My Raptor 700 Quad and TMax 530 will be available.
More to follow very soon, watch this space………
So how about you wanna fly into Roma, and then spend a week in beautiful Amalfi and a few days exploring Roma?
Or perhaps you fly into Roma and you fancy exploring the areas of Abruzzo and Umbria. Or you really want to visit Tavullia and see the famous Valentini Rossi ranch???
Or you really fancy visiting the Ducati factory in Bologna, and or the Bimota factory in Rimini, or you would like to see one or more of the Italian race circuits Mugello, Vallelunga, Misano, Monza or others. You fancy some cooking classes, or you would love to see some Italian wine makers or olive oil producers. Maybe you and your partner want to follow two different programs??
Well it could work like this:
You tell me what you need, you give me an idea of the proposed itinerary plus some idea of the hotels you fancy (look on booking.com so I have an idea of the level of hotels you fancy). Tell me how many are in your party and I can work out the rest. Collection from the airport (Roma has two, Ciampino and Fiumicino), then I can take you to your hotel. Then collect you and take you around Italy, and of course I speak Italian so I can help.
Call or text or whatsapp me on +39 333 8153190 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
san vito lo capo
See this web site: http://www.termestufedinerone.it/en
These wonderful, historic baths are near Pozzuoli, about 2 hours drive south from Roma. The baths are for the local people and as a visitor you can only gain access by staying at a local hotel as you become “resident” for a day and then you can go, paying about 30 Euro per person.
Most visitors would NOT choose to go as from the outside it looks average and the staff do not generally speak English. But once you get in and everything is explained to you, you will not want to leave. This area is built on a series of “faults” and hot water, indeed boiling water which comes out of these faults can reach 70 degrees. The Terme di Nerone are right next to the sea so the natural spring water is also mixed with sea water. The natural sauna in the rock, inside the terme, is 54 degrees at the entrance and then seems to get even hotter as the heat reflects off the stones if you dare to go further inside. The big outside swimming pool is at 35 degrees (25m x 10m) and the smaller indoor pool is at around 40 degrees.
The place is amazing, one seems to lose the concept of time inside and there is also a snack bar serving excellent and very inexpensive food, with seating both indoor and out.
It is not too easy to find nor to get in, so Services can help you, note that you require about 3 hours to really appreciate the experience. NOT to be missed.